Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Countdown: T minus 3...

I had every intention of making my cranberry relish tonight, but I couldn't find fresh or frozen cranberries. Instead, I'm making chicken stock for my cream of pumpkin soup.

So today, I'm thankful for :

1) A freezer (albeit a tiny one) full of chicken bones.

2) Metro Supermarket at night. I'm a weirdo who loves supermarkets, but Metro on a weekend makes you want to run everyone down with your grocery cart, pausing every now and then to smack some aisle-hogging loiterer in the face with a free-range chicken. During off-hours, though, it is so much fun to trawl the aisles and score some great finds like dried figs and the last two bunches of haricot verts (French for cute little baby string beans).


3) Canned cranberry jelly, cranberry sauce and gravy for backup, just in case I don't find real cranberries and/or I don't have enough drippings from my chicken.

4) Wonderfully supportive friends and family members who encourage you to follow your dreams, talk you off of ledges when you're this close to jumping, and inspire you by following (and achieving!) their own.

5) Metamucil. Don't judge me.

Woohoo, three more days to Thanksgiving! What's everyone else thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment